If you are a resident of Caerphilly Borough County Council and receive any of the following you may be able to claim free school meals for your child:
- Income Support
- Income Based job seekers allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working tax Credit and your income does not exceed £16,190
- Guarantee element of State Pension Grant
- Working tax Credit ‘run on’
- Universal Credit
At St Cenydd Community School we operate a cashless system. Once your request has been processed by the Council our system automatically tops up your child’s account each day.
Accessing free school meals also allows parents to receive a one-off school access grant which can be used to buy uniform and school supplies.
Parents and carers are asked to make a claim if they believe that they may be entitled to free school meals for their children and do not already do so.
To make sure you are not missing out - claim online at www.caerphilly.gov.uk or get advice by contacting Catering Services on 01443 864055 (or email email@example.com)