We encourage and reward excellent attendance.
Pupils should be on site at 8.25 a.m. with school starting at 8.35 a.m. and finishing at 2.55 p.m.
If you cannot attend school for any reason, your parents/carers must ring before 8.45 a.m. on the first day of absence.
When you return, your parent/carer must write a note explaining your absence.
If your attendance falls below 95% you will be contacted to discuss any issues and to see if we can support you to improve this.
If your attendance falls below 85% the Education Welfare Officer, Mrs Belinda Pewtner, will contact parents/carers to discuss this.
You must come to school on time.
If you are late, you must report to the attendance officer in the Key Stage office, you will receive a detention that day.
If you are persistently late, further sanctions will be put in place.
Authorised and Unauthorised Absences
The following absences may be authorised
- Medical or dental appointment (where possible these should be arranged outside school hours)
- Days of religious observance.
- Exceptional family circumstances e.g. bereavement.
The following absences will not be authorised
- Looking after brothers or sisters
- Family holidays or days out