Please enter an introduction for your news story here.
During December the Signing Choir raised funds for the Additional Learning Needs department in St Cenydd Community School. The Additional Learning Needs department has pupils with a wide range of additional learning needs and we try to augment their educational experience by taking them out of school to help their personal development and to develop their life skills. We raised a grand total of over £900! (£991.68)
All the pupils in the signing choir are aged between 11 & 15 and have been prepared to come to regular lunchtime rehearsals. In addition to the the fund raising performances we also enjoyed performing in Aber Mill Residential Home, Abertridwr as part of our community links programme.
The dates and venues for the performances were:-
- Monday 4 December 2017 – Sainsbury, Thorn Hill
- Wednesday 6 December 2017 – Aber Mill Residential Home, Abertridwr
- Thursday 7 December 2017 – Asda, Caerphilly
- Friday 8 December 2017 - Tesco, Ystrad Mynach
- Thursday 14 December 2017 – Tesco, Crossways, Caerphilly
- Monday 18 December 2017 - Morrisons, Caerphilly
- Tuesday 19 December 2017 – Tesco, Ystrad Mynach
We would like to thank all the supermarkets that gave us the opportunity to fund raise and for the warm welcome we received. We would also like to thank the members of the public who not only generously supported this worthwhile and successful project but also made so many positive and complimentary comments. We have been asked to return to the same venues next year so we hope you will be able to enjoy watching the Signing Choir again next Christmas.
It only remains for us to thank you once again and to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and peaceful New Year.